Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Year 1 - Letter 37 - New Orleans, LA

Alma 37:33 

Preach unto them repentance, and faith on the Lord Jesus Christ; teach them to humble themselves and to be meek and lowly in heart; teach them to withstand every temptation of the devil, with their faith on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Hey everyone!

Well, I have some interesting news! So, I am not getting transferred   Elder Larsen is.  That is kinda sad.  What is crazy is that I am going to train!  That is insane!  I did not think that I would!  at least not this soon!  I was in a lesson with one of our investigators, Hoover (yes, like the vacuum  and we know that calls for transfers come between four and six, so we knew we should check the phone if we get a call.  So, the phone rang, and we saw that it was President Wall.  When President Wall makes the call, we know crazy stuff is happening.  So I answered the phone, and he said that he was going to call me to be a trainer and that Elder Larsen would be packing his bags.  He then asked me if I could do that, and I said yes.  He then explained that the call to be a trainer is one of a lot of trust, and he asked me if I could handle that.  I said I don't know, do you think I can president?  He then said yeah, and said I would be successful if I was obedient, patient, and prayerful.  I will do all I can to help this new missionary have an awesome experience in New Orleans!

Well, our investigators are doing well!  I gave a blessing to Roberto, one of our older less actives.  He was feeling really sick, so he asked for a blessing.  I gave him the blessing, and right after he seemed filled with energy like he usually is.  That was a neat experience.  I am so grateful to be worthy of the Priesthood!  

Sorry this is going to be shorter than usual!  Things are going pretty fast here in New Orleans right now!  I love you all!  Thanks for helping and supporting me!  

love,
Elder Scott Turner Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment