Monday, February 25, 2013

Year 1 - Letter 38 - New Orleans, LA

D&C 112:10-11 

10 Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers.

 11 I know thy heart, and have heard thy prayers concerning thy brethren. Be not partial towards them in love above many others, but let thy love be for them as for thyself; and let thy love abound unto all men, and unto all who love my name.

Hey everyone!

Well, this week was pretty crazy as you can imagine.  Transfers here are nuts, because everyone piles all their stuff into your car, and then it is a one and a half hour drive to the transfer meetings we have.  We had that to do, plus we had to get a car from the elders in the east because one of their areas is loosing a car, probably due to the fact that we have NINE new sisters and only one leaving.  So we went and got there a little late because the elders in the east where running late.  So I walked in to the training meeting, and President Wall said "Oh, Elder Andrews!  So glad you made it here safely all the way from New Orleans!  Elder Jones, your companion is here!"  That took me by surprise  I didn't think that I would get to meet my companion so soon!  Anyways, my companion is Elder Jones, from Gilbert Arizona!  Of all places!  We figured out he lives like 30 minutes from our home!  That is crazy!  Anyways, he is awesome!  Of course his Spanish isn't the best, but any foreign language missionary can relate to your first few weeks!  He is holding together really well though.  My goal for him has been to help him be a part of the lesson, in whatever way possible.  Out here in the field, for quite awhile, they have been using a program called the first 12 weeks, for infield training.  By the end of the first twelve weeks, and the end of this program, Elder Jones should be ready to train himself.  As you can imagine, that is going to take work!  I am so excited to watch him grow!  He has a desire to work, and we definitely have work to do!
  
Our mission right now has a goal to teach 20 lessons a week.  20 LESSONS!  Right now, our teaching pool is not that big, so definitely in the next few weeks we are going to be doing a lot of finding!  One really cool story.  So, we had plans to see one of our less actives, Robert, and he wasn't there, which never happens.  Ever.  Then we went to Daniel, and he wasn't home.  That was odd.  So, on the way back to our car, a thought entered my mind that we needed to go see Hoover, one of our investigators that usually is really busy and doesn't have time for us, well, most of the time at least.  He works like a horse!  So, we stopped by, and he was there!  So, we decided to teach the restoration, and right as we started, one of his friends came in, and I asked him if he wanted to listen, and he said he did.  So we taught the restoration, and Elder Jones shared the First Vision from memory and then shared Moroni 10:3-5 a little later.  He did a TERRIFIC job.  We then committed them to do it, and they said they would!  So Hoover already had a Libro de Mormon and we gave one to Edwin, who also told us we could stop buy his apartment any time we wanted even if Hoover wasn't there, so that was pretty much awesome.
  
Before Elder Jones came, and before I even had heard that I was training, I had fasted that everything would work out.  I fasted again when I figured out I was training for pretty much the same thing.  I know that I have received help and that the work is going to take off!  I love you all!  Thanks for all your support!

Love,
Elder Scott Turner Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment