Monday, July 8, 2013

Year 2 - Letter 6 - Baton Rouge, LA

Alma 5:61-62  

And now I, Alma, do command you in the language of him who hath commanded me, that ye observe to do the words which I have spoken unto you.

I speak by way of command unto you that belong to the church; and unto those who do not belong to the church I speak by way of invitation, saying: Come and be baptized unto repentance, that ye also may be partakers of the fruit of the tree of life.

Hey everyone!  

Life is good here in Baton Rouge South!  It has been so much fun!  Me and Elder Thomas are just working hard and having a good time doing it!  I really do love it here and love the people we are working with.  We had an awesome lesson with Bany, Blas, and David.  Bany I have talked about before, and Blas is an older man that lives with Bany and David lives next door.  All of them are awesome!  We taught about what that Book of Mormon was and kind of the story that is in it.  In order to do this, we used all of the pictures at the front of the paperback Book of Mormon.  It was super awesome!  When we talked about the picture of Samuel the Lamanite, right next to it is the picture of Christ in the Americas.  I had the revelation that comparing the two would be really cool.  It was.  We talked about how we have to want to listen to the prophets.  If we go carrying our weapons, we will not receive any knowledge (almost typed conocimiento).  However, if we come unto Christ like the people in the picture of Jesus Christ, we will receive more blessings and knowledge than we could even imagine.  They all were super into the lesson, and the next day at soccer, David was like, "hey, that was an awesome discussion we had yesterday."  That was so awesome!  The spirit was super strong the entire time, and all of them said that they felt it.  Blas was saying that he just sees a difference in us from other people.  I love those guys!

Church here is very interesting!  We are part of a branch that only has about thirty or so people, which is crazy different compared to where I came from!  Way different from home!  We meet in the relief society room.  It is all really small and personal.  We have an awesome vision here and the leadership to make it happen.  The President, President Estrada is on board, and so it our Ward Mission Leader, Elder and Sister English (ironic, they are serving Spanish).  I am so glad I am here!  Well, I gotta get going!  Love you all!

Love,
Elder Scott Turner Andrews

Pictures:
1. From left to right: Elder Billings, Elder Thomas (my companion), me, and Elder O'Donnell (he flew with me here and served in my district for a long time)
2. tallest state capitol, here in baton rouge



No comments:

Post a Comment