Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Year 2 - Letter 10 - Baton Rouge, LA

1 Nephi 17:3 And thus we see that the commandments of God must be fulfilled. And if it so be that the children of men keep the commandments of God he doth nourish them, and strengthen them, and provide means whereby they can accomplish the thing which he has commanded them; wherefore, he did provide means for us while we did sojourn in the wilderness.

Hey Everyone!

Tuesday Preparation Day!  Well, for transfers, it wasn't crazy exciting because Elder Thomas is going home, so we all knew that there would be changes for us here in the south.  What was more exciting is the call I got from President Wall telling me he called me to be a trainer.  So, I will be training again.  He told me there is another Elder Andrews coming in, but sister Wall wouldn't let President Wall put him with me.  I thought that was pretty funny!

Well, overall, not the most crazy-est weeks we have seen.  We did have an awesome lesson with Jason and Abi, some people we started teaching when I first got here.  Abi had a problem with the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith.  She wanted to see Joseph Smith in the Bible.  We watched the video God's Word Never Cease.  We then testified that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  I then felt that I needed to share Alma 32:27-29.  That has to be one of my favorite scriptures to use.  If you want to know if something is true or not, you will never really know unless  you give it a shot.  She says that she will read.  Jason had to leave early.  I felt we made a lot of ground with Abi.  Before, we didn't really understand her concern, but I feel that we know what direction we need to go with her.  

We also had an awesome lesson with one of our less actives, Jose D.  BTW there are A LOT of Joses' here!  Anyways, we have been trying to help Jose read in the Book of Mormon.  So we talked with him about what was going on in his life, and then read in 1 Nephi 2 helping him apply it to himself.  It was AWESOME!  He said he wants to read with us every Wednesday!  We told him we could help him read whenever he had the time to. 

Well, I am pretty excited for the transfer meeting tomorrow!  It is really weird!  I feel like an old missionary now.  Probably because I am.  That is weird.  I can not wait to meet my new companion!   Sorry this is pretty short this week, but we have pretty much just been saying goodbye to everyone.  I love you all!  Thanks for everything!

Love,
Elder Scott Turner Andrews  

No comments:

Post a Comment