Monday, October 14, 2013

Year 2 - Letter 20 - Baton Rouge, LA

Ether 2:24-25

Hey Everyone!

Well, this week was definitely a tough one.  I don't think that I have ever been more tired in my life! We did a lot of biking and trying to see people and have appointments fall through.  I am doing OK though.  We talked with some really cool people this last week.

One of those was Ramon, and his daughter in law Jasmine.  His son, her husband, is waiting to be deported, which is kind of sad.  They both said that they really want to study with us though.  Ramon had some questions about baptism, and so we read in Moroni 8, and he said that he remembered Moroni from when he talked with missionaries a couple years back, and also 9 years ago back in Honduras.  We are excited to start studying with him!

Another good thing that happened was we finally found the Murillos again!  They are a less active family and they had told us they were going to move and that they would tell us when, but they never told us.  So now, about a transfer later, we found them again and had an awesome lesson.  They randomly brought up temples and so Elder Drollinger asked if they had ever been in the temple, which they said that they hadn't.  I then asked if that was something they wanted to do.  They said it was, but didn't really know how to get there.  I was able to testify of the blessing of the temple in my life, and how I know that my family will be together forever, and that they could have the same.  We then made the connection that if they want to go to the temple, they will have to go to church, pay tithing, and keep all of the other commandments.  They hadn't really made that connection yet.  I am so excited to really help get to the temple.

Roberto Wilkerson has been smoke free for three days!  We are just cheering him on!  His daughter is going to be baptized on November 2.  If he keeps making good decisions, it would be awesome to have him baptize his own daughter.  

I finished reading the Book of Mormon today!  We had a goal to read it in 60 days because today is the opening day of the Book of Mormon play in New Orleans.  It has been awesome to read over it and get a good grasp of the story.  It has been awhile!  I know that the Book of Mormon is true!  I know that if we will use it, it will help guide us like the Liahona was a guide to Lehi in the desert.  

One cool thing that Elder O'Donnell shared in District Meeting was in Ether 2:24-25. 
24 For behold, ye shall be as a whale in the midst of the sea; for the mountain waves shall dash upon you. Nevertheless, I will bring you up again out of the depths of the sea; for the winds have gone forth out of my mouth, and also the rains and the floods have I sent forth.
 25 And behold, I prepare you against these things; for ye cannot cross this great deep save I prepare you against the waves of the sea, and the winds which have gone forth, and the floods which shall come. Therefore what will ye that I should prepare for you that ye may have light when ye are swallowed up in the depths of the sea?

I love how it says in verse 24 that " the winds have gone forth out of my mouth, and also the rains and the floods have I sent forth."  God sends us the storms in our life.  However they are sent so that by them, we may be strengthened and return to Him.  I also feel that the he asked us the question in verse 25 before we came to earth. "what will ye that I should prepare for you that ye may have light when ye are swallowed up in the depths?"  I know that our Heavenly Father has given us what we need to get through the trials that we experience during our sojourn in mortality.  

I love you all!  Thanks for everything!

Love,
Elder Scott Turner Andrews 

No comments:

Post a Comment