Monday, March 25, 2013

Year 1 - Letter 42 - New Orleans, LA

Alma 32:42-43

42 And because of your diligence and your faith and your patience with the word in nourishing it, that it may take root in you, behold, by and by ye shall pluck the fruit thereof, which is most precious, which is sweet above all that is sweet, and which is white above all that is white, yea, and pure above all that is pure; and ye shall feast upon this fruit even until ye are filled, that ye hunger not, neither shall ye thirst.
 43 Then, my brethren, ye shall reap the rewards of your faith, and your diligence, and patience, and long-suffering, waiting for the tree to bring forth fruit unto you.


Hey Everyone!

Life is so good here in the Big Easy!  This last week wasn't the best in terms of numbers, but did a lot of good finding.  A really good week! 

We have found that most Hispanics in the area don't get home until around eight, so that is when we are out talking!  So far, we have found one group of four that were sitting and drinking cervezas and we went up to them (literally, they where on the second story balcony thing, that has stairs up to it, it is hard to explain) and started talking.  One of them kept asking some really weird question, that, now, I know how to answer, and will.  The others, however, when he was asking that question, where defending us, which was kind of interesting.  Anyways we testified of the restoration and the Book of Mormon, and the spirit was super strong!  Elder Jones did so well!  I am so proud of him!  So cool.  We gave them all a copy of the Book of Mormon and left on a good note.  Such a great experience for Elder Jones, and I.  

Another contact we met was someone who said that he had met the missionaries for around six months and all of a sudden, they stopped coming.  I think around the time he said they white washed New Orleans, so he must have gotten lost in the confusion of that.  So excited to stop by and see what happens!
Had an incredible couple of lessons with Daniel.  He is SO ready to be baptized. So ridiculously ready!  We are getting the ward involved in finding him new work, because that is his only issue.  He frequently works on Sunday.  Anyways, back to the awesome lesson.  All we did was watch "The Testaments", and when it shows Jesus Christ being baptized, we talked about why Jesus Christ needed to be baptized.  He felt the spirit so strongly and it was awesome.

We had interviews Friday with President!  So awesome!  President definitely has the gift of discernment!  It was incredible.  In the interview, he asked me what my biggest concerns where, and I tried to explain what was up, but couldn't really find the words.  He then answered my question by telling me to just focus on inviting others to Jesus Christ.  So awesome!  Then he told me to go finding by playing my guitar at the French Market with some copies of the Book of Mormon at my feet.  Maybe we will try it, if I can get my hands on LDS Hymns tabs!  Well, that is pretty much it!  I know Christ lives, and I am so happy for the opportunity to share that with EVERYONE!  Love you all!  Thanks for the support!

Love,
Elder Scott Turner Andrews 



No comments:

Post a Comment