Monday, June 10, 2013

Year 2 - Letter 2 - New Orleans, LA

3 Nephi 15:9 Behold, I am the law, and the light. Look unto me, and endure to the end, and ye shall live; for unto him that endureth to the end will I give eternal life.

Hey everyone!

Life is as good as ever here in the Big Easy!  It is so crazy that I have been here for nine-ish months!  We are all like 99% sure that I am gone next transfer!  We shall see. I am fine with whatever the Lord has in store for me.  If I stay, I stay, if I go, I go.

Well, this week was interesting.  We had Zone Training.  Really what they focused on was what we learned in Specialized Training.  They had the District leaders take a part of all of the points that were covered during Specialized Training.  It was interesting to see the different teaching styles.  Especially the difference from the coordinating sisters, Hermana Blauer (Hermana Andrews' MTC comp) y Hermana Walker (who was in my MTC district).  The sisters are quite different than the elders! They had a hand out and everything!  So, that meeting went really well.  I love what they are talking about when it comes to having a vision.  If we don't know what the ward's vision is, we can't help them.  If we don't know our vision, we won't be able to help ourselves and others.  Cool stuff.

Well, we did a lot of less active work this week.  It was good.  We are trying to really get the ward involved with rescuing these members.  We also had a member present with Manuel.  We brought the Young Men's President with us, and they really hit it off.  We are going to try to get Manuel's sons involved in the Young Men's Program. That would be so good for them!  There is an activity this wednesday that Hermano Ortiz (the YM president) invited them to. He also invited them over to his home too.  So awesome!

Valentine we have found isn't as interested in our message as much as white boys who speak Spanish.  We will stop by every now and again to see what is up, but that is pretty much it.  

Well, that is pretty much this week!  I absolutely love it here in NOLA.  It is not nearly as bad as people say it is.  You just sweat more.  Humidity is only really bad after it rains.  Yup.  That's NOLA.  Love you all!  Keep safe this summer!

Love,
Elder Scott Turner Andrews 

No comments:

Post a Comment