Monday, June 17, 2013

Year 2 - Letter 3 - New Orleans, LA

Alma 22:4 And Aaron said unto the king: Behold, the Spirit of the Lord has called him another way; he has gone to the land of Ishmael, to teach the people of Lamoni.

Hey everyone!

So, first things first, I am pretty sure that my time in New Orleans has come to an end.  We had interviews with President Wall Thursday, and they were fantastic.  President is so awesome!  I don't think that there is anything better than having fifteen minutes of his time.  He answers questions that I didn't even realize that I had.  It was so cool. He started the interview by asking me how long I had been in New Orleans.  I told him about ten months.  That is quite a while to be in one area.  He said it was time for me to see more of the mission.  Then, when he was talking to me and Elder Jones, he said that Elder Jones was going to get a car next transfer, then he pointed to me and said, "not you, you're gone!"  So, unless President makes some last minute decisions, I think I am going.  I feel fine with that.

Well, not the best week.  I came home from church on June 9th and felt really terrible.  Woke up Monday and still didn't feel really good.  Went to bed with a fever.  Woke up Tuesday morning, felt a little better and went to District meeting, but came home feeling terrible.  Fever came back and so we stayed in.  Wednesday the fever was still coming off and on.  Thursday, felt much better, thank goodness!  I talked with Sister Wall about it and she said that I just had a cold and it would take about a week and a half to get rid of it.  I am feeling much better now, just have a bit of a cough still.

Well, we visited Roberto, who is doing really well.  He has some coffee that he drinks in the morning, so we have taught him the Word of Wisdom and are helping him quit that, so he can meet his goal of getting the Melchizedek Priesthood and go to the temple.  I know that he can do it! 

One really cool thing that happened is yesterday we biked to Porfilio's (a less active member who wasn't home) home, and on the way, we took camp street, a way we usually don't take.  On camp, a minivan with a hispanic family stopped us and asked us if we spoke Spanish.  I told them we did.  They then asked us if we knew Elder Gillett.  I told them we did.  They then told us they were members from an area that Elder Gillett served in, Morgan City.  So we gave them his phone number and they were off!  That was crazy!  In a city with a population around 360,000, running into the two people who can help you at random is pretty crazy!  Well, I was glad we could help them. 

Well, that is really it for now!  I will keep y'all posted about transfers!  The actual transfer meeting will be 26th.  So, if you were planning to send something in the mail,  I would wait until after then.

Love you all!

Love,
Elder Scott Turner Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment