Thursday, June 28, 2012

Year 1 - Letter 4 - MTC

Hey everyone!  This week has been absolutely crazy!  Started off this Sunday, when we got to sing in the special choir for the first time.  Guess who was there.  All of the apostles and the first presidency, Thomas S. Monson and all, except elder Packer, who, rumor has it, was getting a new pacemaker.  What an experience!  Afterwards, we were ushered into another room where we were able to hear president Monson speak to the mission presidents about how to be good mission presidents.  If i have learned anything from this, its that the Church is true, and that these men are prophets, seers and revelators.  L. Tom Perry spoke at our devotional, and talked about how the church is helping people now, and used mostly statistics, which was interesting.  I'm glad everything went well with Gramps.  Dad, it sounds like your talk at the service went well, that makes me glad.  Its pretty much exactly what we are teaching our investigators about the plan of salvation, which we did a week or so ago in Spanish.  Nice use of the missionary purpose too.  When i look at the missionary purpose, and it says "Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Christ and his atonement, I've started to see it more like this.  that we invite people to receive the restored gospel though faith in the lord Jesus Christ, and to receive the atonement in their lives.  That is our true purpose out here on missions, and in life.  We are here to help people have the atonement play a part in their daily lives, and the way we do it is by repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost, and enduring to the end.  I LOVE the purpose!   I love you all an hope you are doing fine!  I'm doing great in the MTC!  Love my Companion, Elder Larsen, and my District!  They take good care of me, and help me when they hear my pump, if they do!  Read the book of Mormon individually!  I know the power it contains, even if i read it in Spanish! Love ya! Elder Scott Turner Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment