Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Year 1 - Letter 13 - MTC

Hola todos los personas!
Como estan?  Este semana fue loco!  First things first, our investigators are coming along quite well.  We are up right now to about five or so.  The biggest news is that we have made three baptismal dates in the last three days!  It has been incredible to see how some of our investigators are so ready to accept the gospel and change the way they live.  
The first of the Three was Mandy Knab. I think i have told you guys about her. She is the one that the first time we met her on chat, the bank she worked at got robbed. She had quit the day before.  She is going to a YSA ward, and is super excited to be baptized and live the Gospel.  She is keeping commitments we give her, and is now talking with local missionaries, which is our goal.
The next one is Cory Sweeter.  He is in high school and came on wanting to know more about our gospel.  He is reading the Book of Mormon and is super excited to be baptized as well.
Last, but certainly not least, is Maruf.  He is from Bangladesh and lives in England.  He is super excited to learn more about the church.  He is going to talk to his boss about getting Sundays off, so we hope that goes well for him!
I am exhausted!  Which is somewhat crazy... all we do is sit and chat in front of computers.  I guess that even though we aren't walking from door to door, and not getting physically tired, we are constantly answering questions like "why are you polygamists", and the very broad "what do you believe?"  That and the fact that they say that only every one out of ten chats is actually serious, it means that we are getting very good at answering questions.  That is one blessing that i have received in the Referral center.  I thought that i knew the bible alright before the mission, but now, i can answer most questions i get, or how to find the answer i need quite quickly.  
I can't wait to get to Louisiana!  However, i am kinda glad that i am missing Hurricane Isaac.  I will probably be there just in time to help serve.  I've just been praying to bless the people there in Louisiana to be safe!
This Sunday, Brother Anderson, who is high up in the Media and advertising part of the church, and had a part in writing Preach my Gospel spoke to us Sunday.  He talked about following the rules, and helping your companion to do the same.  It was awesome!  I know that if we remember that we are first loyal to God, over anything else, we will be fine.
It has been great to see Hillary around!  She is going to be an awesome missionary.  Her district is awesome, and is doing a good job of caring for her as far as i can tell.  I know that this is another blessing that has come from my ACL injury.  It is so good to be able to see her!
Everything else is doing fine!  I am healing incredibly fast, and the doctor gave me a clean bill of health, so all i need to do now is rebuild my quad muscles, that disappeared after my surgery.  A well.  They will come back with time.
One thing that is really cool that the RC does is what we call a mighty prayer.  In Alma 6:6, which says:  Nevertheless the children of God were commanded that they should gather themselves together oft, and join in fasting and mighty prayer in behalf of the welfare of the souls of those who knew not God.
Two times a week, my mission gathers together, to join in mighty prayer.  Each companionship chooses two investigators that need help.  Then we pray together and ask for help with these individuals, or to give thanks for things that have happened.  As my mission has done this, it is awesome to see the miracles that have been brought to pass among the investigators that we teach.  I love this work!  I love being able to help people from around the world!  I know that the experiences that i have had in the RC will help me throughout my life!
Well, thats all!  Thanks for all your support!
Elder Scott T. Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment