Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Year 1 - Letter 26 - New Orleans, LA

Crazy News :O

Hey everyone!

So, this week is transfers, and Elder Gillett is leaving me!  AGH!  He won't be too far away though, he is just going to metaire, which is northwest of New Orleans to be a Zone Leader.  He will be in the same ward still, but nevertheless, crazy!  I will be remaining in New Orleans at Adele Street.  Geez, I don't know what I will do when I have to leave New Orleans.  I love this place.  The people, and the city itself with all of it's twists and turns.  It will be sad to see Elder Gillett go, but its OK.  I will be just fine.
  
Our investigators are doing well!  Daniel is SO CLOSE to being ready for baptism.  He knows its something he needs to do, he is just making sure that it's the right decision.  Dora is doing well too.  Her husband had some questions, so that is what we have been doing with her lately.  She wants to be baptized, just in a year when she is in Mexico with her family.  Virginio is awesome!  We have been helping him with the paperwork for getting married to Carmen.  I am so excited for him!  We had a less active member in our area come to church last Sunday, and he then bore his testimony about how when he took of the sacrament, he felt the spirit super strong!  It was so awesome!  It is even better that he is doing it for himself, and not because we have told him to do it!  I was on the phone with Lourdes, one of the people we are teaching English, and, without warning, asked us about going to church!  We told her we would love it if she came, and she did!  I cant wait to start teaching her more about the church!  It is so awesome to watch these people change, and to be a part of it!  

Otherwise life is good!  Loving it here in New Orleans!  

OK, one thing that we have been sharing at the start of this Christmas season is the story of the nativity, specifically out of the Book of Mormon.  I love Alma 7:10-12.  It so clearly explains the birth of the savior, and what he had done for us.  I know that he is our Savior, and that He loves each and every one of us.  I know that this season is a time to serve, and that we should take all the little opportunities that present themselves!  Love you all, and have a Merry Christmas season!

Love, 
Elder Scott T. Andrews

Me and Elder Gillett opening a Big Shot - a soda that is New Orleans tradition
that has crazy amounts of sugar and that is pretty much all you taste.
                                      

Me with my advent calendar.  THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! That is so cool!

Me with Marta. She lives in an old folks home. They say she has Alzheimers,  but I think she is there
because she speaks Spanish and only a little English.  She is AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment