Monday, April 8, 2013

Year 1 - Letter 44 - New Orleans, LA

Alma 37:43-47

Hey everyone!

General Conference was awesome!  So great to hear from all of the men we sustain as prophets, seers, and revelators!  We are blessed to have come to the world at this time!  We really can learn so much from the words of the prophets!  It was awesome to spend my birthday watching conference!

This week was a good week.  We went to help Roberto, an elderly man in our ward go to the bank.  We walked not too far and it seemed like he was gonna keel over, so we took tons of breaks.  It is great that we have members here that trust us.  Trust is something we work so hard to build with our members!  

We are still working with Daniel.  He needs a job pretty bad.  There is this member that owns a mechanic shop that needs some help, but nothing has come of that so far.  We are still trying to find something else. 

Still working with our contacts.  It is pretty hard to find them home.  One in particular, Julio, is never home.  We will keep trying and praying for guidance.  Conference was incredible!  I loved Elder Holland's talk entitled "Lord, I Believe", as well as Elder Uchtdorf's talk "Four Titles", as well as many others!  Every time I go to conference I feel so uplifted!  So ready to work harder!  So ready to press on!  

I love these verses in Alma 37.  Are not the words of the Prophets the words of Christ?  I know that they are!  I know that if we follow the words of the prophets, we will be carried "beyond this vale of sorrow into a far better land of promise."  I like that part of the verse for several different reasons.  
The first part that catches my attention is how it says "vale of sorrow".  When I think of a vale, I think of something that is a thin sheet, that may be seen through.  Our sorrows are as a vale, we may see through this vale to the light on the other side, and just like passing through a vale, we will pass through it in an instant.  

The second part that sticks out is how it says "far better land of promise".  Kind of how Elder Holland (I believe) said in conference, present location is irrelevant.  If we follow the words of Jesus Christ and His chosen representatives, we will always find ourselves in a place that is "far better" than where we were.  I think that is incredible!  

I know that this church is true!  I know that we are guided by Prophets of God!  I know that if we listen to, and ACT upon their message, we will truly be happy!  I love you all!  Thanks for all of your support!

Love,
Elder Scott Turner Andrews 

No comments:

Post a Comment