Monday, April 15, 2013

Year 1 - Letter 45 - New Orleans, LA

Alma 26:21-22

Hey everyone!

Life is as good as ever here in New Orleans!  We are keeping VERY busy!

We had an awesome week this week!  One of the highlights is that I got to do a session in the Baton Rouge Temple!   During conference a man named Giovanni in the ward came up to me and talked to me for a while.  He actually lives in Utah, but his work brings him to Louisiana.   All of a sudden, he said that the missionaries in New Orleans need to go to the temple!  We set up a trip then and there and were able to go.  What a blessing it was for me to be able to sit in the temple!  It was an answer to my prayers!  I know that there is much power in going to the temple!

Friday was pretty much the day of days for the work in New Orleans.  The Zone Leaders offered to double work our area, and we told them we would love too!  We did A LOT of contacting, several good lessons, and two birthday parties, one for Daniel, our investigator (the cake you sent mom helped a lot here!!) and Juan Carlos Reina, a member who is a paraplegic.  We got so much done!  I went out with Elder Twigg, who is also a pelirojo.  We are kind of scarily alike.  Really.  We two of the people we contacted live in their area!  That was a miracle for them! 

Saturday we contacted a man from Honduras (like all the other hispanics aqui)  and he seemed pretty cool.  This next week we are going to be contacting.  A lot!  

I love the Book of Mormon!  I studied the verses above today in study.  "what natural man is there that knoweth these things? I say unto you, there is none that knoweth these things, save it be the penitent."  I know that if we will be penitent, or repentant.  I know that if we will strive to follow the commandments of God, and repent when we fall short, we can know all things.  I love you all!  thanks for the support!

Love,
Elder Scott Turner Andrews 

No comments:

Post a Comment